Tuesday, July 1, 2008

pre-22 birthday

5 DAYS UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!


I am so excited!!

My friend's birthday is July 7th, and as per their religion (everyone here is Hindu) he must spend that day in worship all day. He has to go to the family Guru, somthing like 12 different temples, and some other stuff. BUT, on Saturday, he was like, we will celebrate your birthday like you are supposed to both here and in America. So, we are waking up really early in the morning Saturday and traveling to a Hindu temple high in the mountain jungle,then worshipping, "Pujah" (I keep on saying, that I am a Christian, and I really don't want to be disrespectful of your practices... but they always say, "Kathleen, our gods are one in the same, silly.") Then we must give offerings to different Gods that seem to be important in the past year as well as the upcoming year - mine will obviously have to do with saving from tremendous depression upon graduating Sewanee.

Next, back into the city and feeding families that would otherwise go hungry on my birthday. I thought this sounds like a really cool idea.. so he explained that first, with Karma this would come back around, but also, and more importantly, that on THIS day, on my birthday, that not just "me" would be happy, that 20 other people would be happy and not hungry also. I am really impressed by that thought. That definitely never occurred to me.



So, then after all this, to Thamel for a few drinks, and then another friend is having a huge house party Saturday night for mine and my friend's birthday on the 7th. Lots of glow-sticks, was my request.

Oh, and on the 4th, there is a huge party at the American Embassy.. which should be cool, at least for a little while. I need to work that day, and I think the embassy crowd could be a little ostentatious.


So, then on Sunday we have planned to go "Canyoning" which is repelling down waterfalls and cascades. I think in total it's something like 7 different drops each more than 100 ft. This is also the place with the second highest bungee junping in the world (the first in Switzerland or Austria or something)... NOT doing that though. So good weekend ahead.

--- Sorry this entry is something like a list. Bad form on my part.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, I am sending one of your presents tomorrow. I'm sorry it is going to be late. Have fun, and good luck on those last meetings.

Unknown said...

Do you want me to send you cheese? I will but I think it might go bad by the time it gets to you. Also I checked into sending Jager Meister to you for your birthday again at a different post office and they said it would definitely get taken in the custom inspection. What else do you want me to send you?

Kathleen said...

hahaha, bourbon?



just kidding.