Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sick and No pics

No pictures for now, they were all erased when someone accidentally reformatted my memory card... But luckily most of them were on my computer.

The weekend was pretty fun, with the Euro cup - big event here.. but again no pics. And I was really sick towards the end of the week. My friends almost took me to the hospital, but I think they were overreacting a little. I was super faint and dizzy for 3 or 4 days, and I was so so exhausted that I couldn't stay out of bed for more than 4 hours at a time without feeling like I was seriously going to pass out.

I think the problem was that I have not eaten any protein - or very little - since I've been here. Most of the dishes are just rice and vegetables, or fruits like mangoes or bananas. They don't even really have cheese.. it's hard to find.

So, now I've been living with cans of tunafish and I feel quite a bit better (I even had a steak a few days ago... rare for them to cook cows in this hindu country, but I was desperate, and my "nurses" prescribed it). I think the same thing happened towards the end of high school... they told me I was anemic - I am sure it was just slightly anemic - at the time.

1 comment:

Yimmi said...

Jacquelyn would never survive without cheese! Keep on keepin' on.