Thursday, June 5, 2008

Laundry

I had my first adventure with laundry. Nepal does not have laundry mats where you can wash your own clothes like the US. My hotel does have a laundry service, but I thought, seriously, how hard can it be to wash clothes by hand?

So, I put all my dirty clothes in a big mop bucket in the shower, and threw in some laundry soap -brought from home- then hung up a clothes line in my room, and gingerly stirred the laundry. It thought, seriously this is so easy! I don't know what people complain about.

Well, when I finally thought they had "soaked" long enough I tried to rinse them out, making a HUGE mess. In the spirit of perseverance, I thought, fine. I will make it work.. So, I put on a swimsuit and just went at it. I have never felt so sorry for the rinse cycle in my entire life!! The only reason my clothes may smell a little clean is that they are still COVERED in soap.

Next time, laundry service.

No comments: